- A four-night/five-day exclusive experience in a country where history breathes through architectural ruins
- A soul-enriching exploration and photographic journey in the cities of historical and architectural significance
- A productively satisfying time enjoying architecture, landscape, street and portrait photography
- Extensive photography learning under the guidance of accomplished experts
- A wide spectrum of stunning experiences worth cherishing for always
How is it?
Its culture rich in lowland ethnic majority and diverse hill tribes. In its enchanting landscapes, it has temples and beaches attracting seekers of raw beauty.
What you will see and photograph?
Ancient temples and temple ruins, offbeat places that are of historical and architectural significance.
About your Skipper
With a flair for eclectic photography-genres ranging from portraiture to architecture and fine-art to landscapes, young Rajiv Shyamsundar uses the camera as a palette of myriad hues.
Please note: This Tour begins on Saturday, 1 December 2018, and ends on Thursday, 5 December at Siem Reap. Journey between your hometown and Siem Reap is NOT included in the Tour itinerary or cost. However, all required assistance will be duly provided.
We will be picked up by our driver who will escort us to our hotel in Siem Reap. After check-in we spend the rest of the day at leisure. There will also be an introductory session in which the Skipper will brief the group about the following days of the Photo Tour.
We will be picked up by our driver and guide to visit the Roluos Group of temples after breakfast. Here we will expore the Lolei, Preah Ko and Bakong temples. The sandstone carvings in the niches of the temples are notable, as are the Sanskrit inscriptions on the doorposts, which can be some interesting subjects for photography.
Post lunch, we will explore and photograph Ta Prohm, a magnificent jungle-clad temple. After watching the sun set at Pre Rup (or Srah Sarong based on how we are placed that evening), we will return to the hotel.
In the morning, we will visit the remotely located Banteay Srey, an offbeat area that was once a centre of activity of Khmer Rouge. Built in the late 10th century and dedicated to Shiva, Banteay Srey's pink limestone walls contain the best bas reliefs of any temple at the world-famous Angkor.
After lunch, we will be escorted to the Kampong Kleang village where we will photograph the nuanced beauty of the countryside. In the late afternoon, we will be taken to Tonlé Sap lake on a boat, where we will evidence the picturesque view of the floating houses and the local people's way of life. We will then head back to our hotel in Siem Reap to stay there overnight.
Sprawling across more than 400 square kilometres, The Angkor Archaeological Park stands in all its majesty even though it is nothing more than the remains of the Khmer Empire that reigned between 9 and 15 century. We will see and photograph the hidden temples, and the breathtaking temples of Bayon, Baphoun and Terrace of Elephants and The Leper King.
After lunch, we will visit the artistically and architecturally stunning main temple, Angkor Wat, whose intricate carvings are perhaps one of the best achievements of all of mankind, still demonstrating the incredible skills of the then Khmer builders.
We will spend the early hours of the day at leisure until our driver transfers us to the Siem Reap Airport, and then take our flights back home with many a memory of a historical place and its always rejoiced beauty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the requisites to participate in this Tour? Apart from interest in travel, architecture and portrait photography, a minimum level of fitness is essential. If you're unsure of your fitness or suffer from a known illness, please consult your physician before signing up for this Tour.
- Why is fitness required for this Tour? A minimum level of fitness is essential as we explore some parts of Cambodia on foot, walking especially amongst the temples and temple ruins.
- Who can be a part of this Tour? Any individual above the age of 18 (unless accompanied by a parent or guardian) who has the requisite fitness to complete the Tour can participate.
- What equipment do you suggest on this Tour? A tripod, filters, a good wide-angle or ultra-wide-angle lens (between 10 and 28mm) are musts. A short or medium fixed telephoto or zoom lens will help you make 'compressed landscape' images, abstracts and do candid people or street photography (70mm to 200mm). You may also bring along a portrait lens, such as a 50mm, 35mm or 85mm lens, to make high-quality portraiture. A full-frame (35mm) camera with compatible wide-angle and fisheye lenses will allow you to make the most of the opportunities. If you do not have appropriate equipment, there is no need to fret. Toehold offers an exhaustive array of cameras and lenses for hire, so you can always hire what you need. Click here to see what we offer.
- How different are your Photo Tours from ordinary tours? Unlike travel agents who plan your holiday from a remote destination to places they sometimes haven't experienced themselves, Photo Tours offer a comprehensive toehold to experience a place through the guidance of a professional photographer. The common ingredients in all our Photo Tours are fun and a lot of learning and knowledge sharing. Besides, most or all of our Tour participants are photography enthusiasts, which keeps the group in harmony and helps make your experience focussed.
- I am a newbie in travel photography. Am I eligible? Absolutely! This Tour is meant for fledgling as well as experienced photographers. Beginners get all the advantages of learning on and off the field from Toehold's eminent Skippers. In fact if you are a newbie, you should jump on this terrific learning opportunity and sign up right away!
* 5% GST Extra
† Per Person on Twin Share Accommodation
†† Per Couple on Twin Share Accommodation
- Twin-sharing accommodation in comfortable hotels
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and hot beverages (coffee and tea)
- Permits and photography fees
- All airfare
- Transfer expenses between your home and Cambodia
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours, extra meals and beverages ordered
- Insurance, laundry and phone calls
- Bottled water and soft drinks
- Alcoholic drinks
- All applicable taxes
- Anything that is not included in the Inclusions list
- At least 50% of the Tour fee at registration for provisional reservation
- 100% latest by 31 July 2018
- 25% on or before 9 August 2018
- 50% between 10 and 24 August 2018
- 75% between 25 and 31 August 2018
- 100% on or after 1 September 2018
Please note: The date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel is the date considered for calculation of the cancellation fees.
Terms and Conditions
- Participants who have a medical history of blood pressure, heart-related problems or asthma are advised to seek medical advice before enrolling for this Tour.
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the only criterion for participation.
- Toehold Travel & Photography Pvt Ltd. shall not be responsible for injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveller in connection with terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner's control.
- All clients travelling with Toehold Travel & Photography Pvt Ltd. must complete and sign a reservation form and the " Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk & Arbitration Agreement" form.