- 4 nights and 3 full days of dawn-to-dusk safaris in one of India's greatest tiger abodes
- A special wildlife experience with over 36 hours of virtually unrestricted photography
- No route or zone restrictions within the area open to tourism
- Possibly excellent photo opportunities of tigers and other attractions of Ranthambhore
- Extensive photography assistance both on and off the field
- A wealth of natural history and post-processing learning
- A fun and highly interactive environment without barriers
Why do the Full-Day Tour?
Tiger watching and photography in Ranthambhore is an unparalleled joy, but is beset by a number of challenges. Here's how the Full Day Tour resolves these obstacles:
1. No zone restrictions
On a regular tour, we must stay within one tourism zone for the entire safari. And because zone permits are bought months in advance, we cannot choose the zone based on the current sightings. But on the Full-Day Tour, we can move between zones, whenever and as many times as we want! This means ultimate freedom and flexibility in tracking wildlife and pursuing sightings.
2. More time
Being in the park for the entire day allows us to spend more time tracking tigers and other wildlife. And when we find a subject of interest, we don't have to leave in a hurry to comply by the time restrictions that apply to the normal safaris. And more time spent in the park equates to potentially more opportunities.
3. More space and exclusivity
Because there are very few vehicles on full-day safaris, once the vehicles doing regular safaris exit the park in the morning until the afternoon safari begins, we have a lot of exclusive time in the park, which translates to a more pristine experience and potentially better images.
How is it?
Tiger reserve bound by two rivers and a sanctuary.
What you will see and photograph
Charming wildife in enchanting habitat.
About your Skipper
Please note: The Tour starts at Ranthambhore after 12 noon, and ends at Ranthambhore after breakfast. Transfer from and back to the nearest airport or railway station will be at an additional, actual cost. Assistance in cab-pooling will be provided but please talk to us for further help and specific needs.
We have the following schedules for this Tour:
26 to 30 April 2018 FULL 20 to 24 May 2018 FULL 23 to 27 May 2018 FULL
30 May to 3 June 2018
The itinerary common to the above schedules is as follows:
You arrive at the lodge in Sawai Madhopur by lunchtime and check in. Shortly, the Skipper will facilitate a round of mutual introduction over buffet lunch and orient you to the features and the rules of the park.
The afternoon will be at leisure as we wait for everybody to check in. In the evening the Skipper will deliver a refresher of photography basics to ensure we're all geared up for a full day's photography the next day.
Having spent a noteworthy day replete with preparation and frolic, we enjoy a scrumptious supper before hitting the sack for the night with dreams of what lies ahead.
Over the next three days, we enjoy full-day safaris in Ranthambhore. We enter the park just after sunrise and go in search of tigers and all the other wealth of photo opportunities, to hopefully make plenty of images of many of Ranthambhore's resident wild inhabitants.
Meanwhile, the Skipper will constantly monitor the situation and decide the strategy real-time to maximise the opportunities and derive the utmost value from the experience, and if a sighting is reported somewhere or likely, we can get there with no zone restrictions. He will also help you make great images by having the vehicle positioned rightly, and assisting you to get all the settings right.
In the evenings, we meet for a ChitraTantra or Charchaaloka session, where a review of the experiences of the day and a discussion of all matters photography and natural-history will call a fittingly erudite end to a productive day.
After enjoying a final morning's breakfast, we take the customary group picture, check out and disperse with many images to show and many an enthralling story to tell to our loved ones.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should participate in this Tour? Are there any eligibility criteria? Anybody over the age of 18 (unless accompanied by an adult) and interested in nature and wildlife - specifically tigers - and/or photography will enjoy this Tour thoroughly. There are no other eligibility criteria.
- I am a newbie in nature photography. Am I eligible? Absolutely! This Tour is meant for fledgling as well as experienced photographers. Beginners get all the advantages of learning on and off the field from Toehold's eminent Skippers. In fact if you are a newbie, you should jump on this terrific learning opportunity and sign up right away! However, to make the most of the Tour, we suggest you be conversant with at least the basics of photography. If you aren't, we strongly recommend that you consider signing up for a Art and Science of Photography Workshop first.
- How many people can I expect to share my vehicle with on safari? Our Photo Tours are designed to provide you sufficient space for comfortable photography without being excessively taxing on your pocket, so you can expect a maximum of three other people (including the participants and the Skipper) apart from the driver and the mandatory forest department personnel.
- Why aren't onward and return journeys included on this Tour? Since participants of our Tours travel from various parts of the country by different modes (road, rail and air) as per their individual preferences, it works best to originate Tours from the destinations. We, however, provide all the assistance you need in arranging your logistics.
- How different are your Photo Tours from ordinary tours? Unlike travel agents who plan your holiday from a remote destination to places they sometimes haven't experienced themselves, Photo Tours offer a comprehensive toehold to experience a place through the guidance of a professional photographer. The common ingredients in all our Photo Tours are fun and a lot of learning and knowledge sharing. Besides, most or all of our Tour participants are photography enthusiasts, which keeps the group in harmony and helps make your experience focussed.
- How sure are you about photographing wildlife on this Tour? Considering the meticulous attention to timing we pay while scheduling Tours and the local expertise we leverage, we believe that it would be extremely unfortunate if our sightings and photography were unsatisfactory. However, since we will be in an uncontrolled environment, we do not claim that sightings - especially of big cats - are guaranteed.
- What equipment do you suggest on this Tour? For tigers and other mammals, a telephoto zoom lens in the range of 70 to 200mm/300mm or 100 to 400mm works very well. If opting for a fixed ('prime') lens, the 300mm focal length on a cropped sensor body with a 1.4x extender ('teleconverter') is the best compromise, although lenses of longer focal length can be used to good effect as well, especially on 'full-frame' bodies. For birds, a lens with a focal length of at least 400mm is essential. A wide-angle or normal zoom to capture landscapes or creative perspectives of wildlife is recommended. And since the light conditions in Indian jungles can often be challenging, an image-stabilized lens and a camera body that performs well at high sensitivities are boons.
- I do not have the requisite equipment. What do I do? If you do not have appropriate equipment, there is no need to fret. Toehold offers an exhaustive array of cameras and lenses for hire, so you can always hire what you need. Click here to see what we offer. What's better, you can enjoy a 10% discount on all equipment hired on our Photo Tours!
* 5% GST Extra
† Per Person on Twin Share Accommodation
†† Per Couple on Twin Share Accommodation
- Twin-sharing accommodation in comfortable rooms unless single occupancy purchased at extra cost
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner — packed breakfast and lunch on safari days) and hot beverages (coffee and tea) as per the Tour itinerary
- All entry fees, guide fees and safaris
- Any airfare
- Transfers from the nearest airport or railway station and back
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours or extra meals ordered
- Insurance, laundry and phone calls
- Bottled water, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Camera fees if any (participants will be advised of the estimated fees in advance)
- Tips and gratuities
- All applicable taxes
- Anything that is not included in the inclusions list
- At least 50% as booking amount
- 100% latest by 42 days before the Tour
- 100% cancellation fees from the time of booking
Terms and Conditions
- Participants who have a medical history of blood pressure, heart-related problems or asthma are advised to seek medical advice before enrolling for this Tour.
- Fitness to complete the Tour is the only criterion for participation.
- Toehold Travel & Photography Pvt Ltd. shall not be responsible for injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveller in connection with terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner's control.
- All clients travelling with Toehold Travel & Photography Pvt Ltd. must complete and sign a reservation form and the " Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk & Arbitration Agreement" form.