Thinking of upgrading your photography from your phone-camera to a DSLR?
Do you already have one and are still exploring its features and functions? Then you are staring at the perfect page on the internet, for we are discussing DSLRs and comparing the various benefits of using one with the benefits of using mirrorless cameras.
Since the film days, SLR (Single Lens Reflex) cameras have been a famous type of camera. Now, with digital sensors, they’re more powerful than ever before. Digital SLR cameras contain a fairly large sensor in a rocust, portable, fast and ergonomic form.
Following are the benefits of using DSLRs:
- Better battery performance
- Better continuous burst performance in still pictures
- Fully manual control
- Image quality and resolution
- Lens interchangeability (different lenses for different purposes)
And the benefits of non-SLR cameras like mirrorless cameras over DSLRs are as follows:
- Quieter operation (in some cases, faster, too)
Watch the following video to see how DSLRs operate with their shutter sound:
- Slightly lighter/thinner
- Electronic viewfinder helps you previsualise your exposure better
If you wish to learn photography on field, under the real-time guidance of our ace Photography Mentors, join one of our Photography Tours!