A safari in Kabini is something wildlife photographers from around the world do not want to miss. The enchanting Kabini forest has captivated the hearts of thousands of people from different parts of the world and its fame is growing by the day. It does not come as a surprise to us as this thriving forest is home to rich wildlife, making it a popular haven for wildlife enthusiasts.
A Kabini safari takes us into the magical realm of this enchanting forest. The fearsome tigers, the elusive leopards, the mighty elephants, the huge gaurs, the fierce packs of dholes, the magical birds and many other fascinating species can be sighted on a safari in Kabini.
Kabini Safari- The two great ways to experience Kabini
The ethereal allure of this beautiful forest is hard to resist! It can make any nature lover want to visit over and over again. As mentioned in our detailed Kabini safari blog, the two great ways to explore Kabini jungles are jeep safari and boat safari. While the safari on jeep takes us into the forests, the boat safari takes us on the waters of the serene Kabini river.
Generally, people who enjoy boat rides or watching animals and birds with the dense jungles as a backdrop, go on a boat safari. People who wish to get into the depths of the jungles and surround themselves with ancient trees to view wildlife, go on a jeep safari. And the ones who wish to take the best of both worlds, enjoy both jeep and boat safaris in Kabini.
Has this left you wondering which safari in Kabini is better? Do you feel confused as both of them look promising and attractive? Fret not, for this blog is specifically written keeping the above confusions in mind!
Jeep safari vs boat safari in Kabini
Each of the safari in Kabini has its charm. While we can’t really pinpoint which Kabini safari is the best, we can highlight the pros of both to help decide easily. So, let us now begin the comparison.
- The Kabini boat safari offers an attractive view of the backwaters and an outside view of the forest. The jeep safari on the other hand takes us inside the dense jungles of Kabini, amidst the trees that have stood the test of time.
- The view of the beautiful forests drenched in the golden sunsets can only be experienced on a boat safari. However, on the Kabini jeep safari, the same golden light slips through the canopy of the trees and graces wildlife creating an ethereal charm!
- On a boat safari, the river breeze puts us in an enchanted state when it hits our face, whereas the fresh air we share with the age-old trees on a jeep safari revitalises us.
- The Kabini boat safari takes us to certain parts of the wild inaccessible to jeeps whereas in the jeep safari we are taken through a lot of forest area.
- During the searing summers, elephants from many connected forests gather near the Kabini river to quench their thirst. As a result, one of the largest congregations of elephants in the world can be witnessed on a boat safari which otherwise cannot be observed from the Kabini jeep safari.
- When on a boat safari, various species of waterbirds, otters and crocodiles can be sighted. On a jeep safari in Kabini, various mammals such as the tigers, leopards, gaurs, dholes, elephants, malabar giant squirrels etc and many species of jungle birds and raptors can be sighted.
- On the Kabini boat safari, a plethora of wildlife species can be sighted during the summer. The chances of sighting tigers may slightly be higher than the jeep safaris as tigers cool off in the backwaters. Jeep safaris on the other hand drive us through different zones of the forest, taking us through a lot of man-made waterholes, where we might chance upon tigers taking a dip.
Kabini has cast a spell on innumerable people. With every visit, Kabini keeps offering something fascinating. The same forest offers us myriad different experiences! Both the safaris in Kabini have their own charms. We hope this blog has helped in drawing a conclusion. We wish to see you soon in Kabini!