Certain places steal a piece of your heart with their beauty, regardless of how long you have stayed. Kabini is one such place; it stays with you even a long time after you have departed. The lush greenery, the homely feeling stemming from nature, and wildlife of all kinds surrounding you in perfect harmony, make Kabini unforgettable. One can easily understand why people love Kabini when Kabini is experienced in all its glory!
Why Serai Kabini?
Serai Kabini is a luxury resort in the lap of mother nature without the rush and buzz of city life. The Serai resorts have always stayed a mark ahead of their contemporaries, by providing the right mix of luxury and natural serenity. Their resorts in Chikmagalur, Andaman and Bandipur, are also examples of how a luxurious resort can function in a natural heritage site without disrupting the ecosystem.
In Serai Kabini, the rooms and accommodations are also open to scenic green landscapes set across calm backwaters. These rooms offer the finest luxury and convenience, along with closeness to nature. It is not only an ideal spot for a romantic getaway but also a perfect location to spend some quality time with friends. It has been a personal favourite of many travellers who enjoy an indulgent getaway every once in a while.
Accommodation types in the Serai Kabini
The Serai Kabini’s rooms, accommodation and amenities are of high standards. Here are some of the offers they provide:
- Waterfront Verandah– Waterfront Verandahs are twin cottages, with warm wood interiors, spotless white linens and a lovely sit-out. The lavish bathrooms inside are fitted with fibre-glass top, for an open sky shower.
- Waterfront Villa– Waterfront Villas have stonewalls, tiled roofs, wooden floors and a beautiful patch of green. The wonderful interiors will leave you mesmerised!
- The Residence– In this accommodation type, the guests can enjoy a spacious bedroom, living room, two private verandahs and a private Jacuzzi.
Amenities of Serai Kabini
Apart from the lavish rooms and amenities, Serai offers much more than a typical Kabini backwaters stay. The Serai Kabini has adequate spaces and facilities, even for a formal meeting at a conference room or a fancy family event in a nice lawn, seating area, and dining facility set against the backdrop of Kabini.
The resort lets you host all types of programmes from a business event to destination weddings sided with jungle safaris and romantic outdoor dinners. They have a common pool facility, gym, and indoor games for recreation.
For those looking for a stress-free stay, the Serai Kabini offers necessary services like laundry, ironing, wifi, oma spa for a steam sauna, The Outpost bar, and dining area. They also provide vehicle rentals, so you don’t have to worry about going sightseeing.
The Serai Kabini takes all the necessary precautions for the safety of its guests. They thoroughly sanitize all rooms and facilities. Visitors and staff are screened thermally, and they also offer contactless room services. Infrastructure-wise, the property is monitored for safety by CCTVs.
Let us now look into the main packages offered by Serai Kabini-
1. In the wild- This is the best option for solo or duo travellers to escape into the wildlife by biking in the wilderness, have a relaxing nature walk, go bird watching, and then coracle boating into the vast Kabini.
2. Romance in the jungle- as the name suggests, is an option to spend a romantic candle-light four-course dinner in the privacy of your romantically decorated room. They provide a half kilo cake, handmade chocolates, and a bottle of wine to sweeten things up. This package also includes a nature walk, daily breakfast, free wi-fi, coracle boating, and a 20% discounted spa facility.
3. Family fun- Designed for some serious fun, it allows you to go boating with your whole family, try a hand at archery and cooking as well. The package also includes daily breakfast, coracle boating, free wi-fi, 15% discounted spa, and a 10% discount on food.
Staycation and the Crest
In addition to these regular packages provided by the Serai, the resort provides facilities for other programmes, conferences and has even introduced special packages for a “staycation”. The package offers a refreshing 6-night getaway amidst the picturesque setting of the Serai Kabini.
The activities covered would be wildlife documentary, explorative nature walks, indoor and outdoor games with other fine amenities. The package includes a sumptuous breakfast, free welcome drink, free wi-fi all through the stay, and laundry provision for two pieces per person per day.
Above all these facilities comes ‘the Crest’. Remember how in the beginning we spoke of a part of you staying back in Kabini forever after a single visit? The Serai Crest makes it possible. Right from the first visit to the Serai, a guest becomes a part of the Serai family called the Serai Crest. This adds loyalty points to one’s account. So all the money you spend at Serai is translated to loyalty points that you can redeem the next time you visit Serai.
One can even earn points by referring friends and acquaintances to Serai. The points you have on your Crest account can be visited through Serai’s website. The points can be redeemed at the luxurious Om spa, the Outpost Bar, or even the merchandise store at Kabini Serai for getting your friends a nice souvenir. This should also make up for the lack of street shopping sites in and around Kabini.
Our thoughts on Serai Kabini
Besides couples, families, and solo travellers, Kabini and its extensive options for exploring wildlife and backwaters are ideal destinations for larger travel groups. Thanks to its proximity to Coorg and Mysore, even an entire week of exploration and travel wouldn’t feel enough. Kabini’s roads are also just as beautiful, making it an ideal destination for road trips and college trips.
The resort provides car rentals and can arrange a guide for your expeditions into the forest and riversides. But honestly, one wouldn’t mind spending the entirety of their stay on the beautiful campus of the Serai Kabini!